Reverend George Billman was called to serve as "mission developer" beginning in February 1958. Shortly afterward, the "Lutheran Mission" decided to call the church "Christ the King." On March 23rd, 1958 the first twenty-eight persons signed the congregational charter. The present property was purchased by the Ohio Synod, United Lutheran Church in America (which would later become part of the Southern Ohio Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church of America in 1988). On April 6, 1958 the first services were held in the house/chapel on the new property.